We are searching for a friendly, reliable service plumber who is always prepared. Responsibilities include repairing pipes, tanks, and water fixtures, unclogging toilets and drains, and handling various residential plumbing requirements. You should also be able to diagnose problems, troubleshoot systems, and collaborate with other contractors when required.
To be successful as a service plumber, you should be willing to do house calls after hours and be able to function under pressure. Oustanding service plumbers are not only masters in their trade, but also offer superb customer service.
Service Plumber Responsibilities:
- Handling a variety of plumbing emergencies efficiently and professionally.
- Installing pipes, drainage systems, sinks, toilet
- Testing systems for leaks and other problems.
- Obeying health and safety codes at all times.
- Performing inspections and providing advice to homeowners.
- Selecting the most cost-effective, quality products for installation and repair.
- Working alongside electricians, construction workers, and other professionals.
- Providing time and cost estimates beforehand.
- Communicating effectively with clients, especially when a job is taking longer than expected.
- Being polite and respectful of clients and their homes at all times.
Service Plumber Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- A completed apprenticeship.
- Experience as a plumber would be advantageous.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strength and dexterity.
- A polite manner and excellent customer service skills.
Plumber Job Description
We are looking for an experienced plumber to install, maintain, and repair sanitation units, water and gas supply lines, and associated fixtures and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes.
To be successful as a plumber you should be able to work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. To excel in this position, you should have strong technical skills, be a master at troubleshooting and enjoy dealing with people.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- 2+ years of experience as a plumber.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good working knowledge of water supply, drainage, and vent systems.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- Physical dexterity.
- Clear criminal background.
- No illegal drug use.