Does Your Toilet Need a Jiggle to Stop Running?
When you flush your toilet, do you have to jiggle the handle to get the running water to stop? We know it can be frustrating, but it is also usually an easy fix! Check out the common toilet-tank pitfalls below to solve the problem in no time.
- Long chain: Most of the time, the issue that causes running toilet water is a chain that is too long. The toilet chain hangs from the handle arm to the flapper valve, and if it’s too long, the chain can get caught under the flapper and block the seal. There’s nothing stopping the water once the toilet bowl is full, so the water will continue to run. If this is the case, all you have to do is resize the chain so it is not long enough to get caught under the flapper.
- Catching parts: Depending on the design of your toilet, it is possible for the lever, chain or flapper to get caught on another part and cause running water. Try moving the adjustment screw or handle arm to get your toilet flushing like normal.
- Misplaced float: Your water tank knows it’s full because of the float and overflow tube. If your float is not positioned correctly, the overflow tube will keep filling with water and draining into the toilet bowl. Try adjusting the float arm until it looks like the picture above.
- Worn out flapper: If the previous tips don’t fix the problem, it might be time for a new flapper valve. When a new flapper is required, it is a good idea to bring in a professional to make sure you get a replacement part that fits correctly. Contact Superior Drainage to ensure your toilet repair is quick and easy.
If you are jiggling your toilet handle to get the running water to stop, chances are, there is a simple solution. For help with your toilet repair and other plumbing needs in Northeast Ohio, schedule an appointment with Superior Drainage today.
Request A Quote Today!
Request A Quote
Treating You with Respect
We set the bar high by treating our customers the way we’d want to be treated. When you work with Superior Drainage, you get:
- Free estimates
- Convenient service windows
- Straightforward pricing
- Comprehensive service offerings
- And more!