Pipe Fitter – Gas
The Pipefitter A is an integral position in the process of construction, maintenance, replacement, and repair of natural gas distribution infrastructure. This position is an operator qualified position with working experience in the use of fusion equipment and pipefitting procedures. The position may also be required to travel to various work locations based on Superior Plumbing clients’ needs and deliver optimum customer service.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance, replacement or repair work as it relates to natural gas polyethylene piping.
- Performs pipe fitting/connections and tie-ins for polyethylene pipe sizes predominately 2” and below.
- Pipe joining techniques range from butt or socket fusion, electrofusion, or mechanical coupling.
- Inspect and test piping systems for leaks.
- Understand the proper use and maintenance of fusion equipment and hand tools.
- Frequently works around live gas systems and other utilities during hand digging functions to locate said utilities.
- This position exercises due care in protecting the utilities, life and other property.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools for proper working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor such as using a shovel, erection of road signs, use of pneumatic and engine driven equipment.
- Capable of working on a team, receiving and following directions.
- Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in natural gas infrastructure work.
- Must be able to acquire operator qualifications to perform covered tasks as needed.
- Understands OSHA competent person standards.
- Testing and classifying soils
- Sloping and shoring standards
- Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment.
- Works in trenches and bell holes.
- Able to identify different types of materials used in natural gas infrastructure work.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Limited field experience in natural gas.
- Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, fumes, or airborne particles, moving mechanical equipment and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system from fumes, odors, mists, or gases. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
- Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
Superior Plumbing is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and /or 49 CFR Part 199.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.