Septic Tank Driver
Job type: Full Time
Are you a positive individual and looking to start a new career that provides you with endless growth potential? One of Northeast Ohio’s most respected and renowned companies is currently looking for proficient individuals to join our growing team of industry professionals. Apply today to see what great opportunities are waiting for you!
As a Pump Truck Operator, your job will be to assist in the overall daily functions of our sister company Superior Plumbing. The primary duty of a pump truck operator is to empty the septic tank in a sewage system. Because septic tanks are located outdoors, you will be working in all sorts of weather. Septic tank trucks are larger than a standard commercial vehicle, so a septic tank technician has to know how to drive large trucks, which require a specialized Class B license Tanker Endorsement.
- Complete septic cleaning jobs which includes dragging hoses, digging tanks open if needed, handling vacuum hoses and vacuum truck operation.
- Communicate with customers before and after job completion with a friendly attitude.
- Communicate with dispatch if follow up work is needed.
- Keep truck clean and organized.
- Comply with rules and regulations at disposal locations. Septic is to be emptied daily, before shift end, at assigned location.
- Perform daily pre & post trip inspections (all fluids, tires, etc.)
- Confirm all supplies and tools are in good condition and are on the truck
- Ensure the appearance of the truck, inside and out, is professional at all times. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance as instructed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a positive attitude and a passion for their work.
- Is a team player and willing to help others.
- Has a flexible schedule.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Is organized and very detail-oriented.
Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license that is in good standing and must be able to pass a drug test and background screening.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Medical (FT)
- Dental (FT)
- Vision (FT)
- Voluntary life insurance (FT)
- AD&D insurance (FT)
- Short and long-term disability (FT)
- 401(K) (FT)
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, or Health Savings Account (FT)
- Paid time off and holiday pay – this includes your birthday as a paid day off after one year of employment! (FT | PT birthday pay)
- Company incentive bonuses
- Your own desk! Free to customize and decorate as you wish
- Company events, meals, activities, and other festivities
Blind & Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No individual is to be discriminated against during the hiring process or during employment because of race, ethnicity, national origin, religious beliefs, gender/sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military status.
Blind & Sons is a family and veteran-owned company with a long history of providing total home comfort, offering our customers all heating, cooling, electrical, plumbing, and indoor air quality needs. Since 1937, we have built a name for ourselves in Northeast Ohio and have continued to grow through repeat business and customer referrals. Our company has seen the advent of forced air furnaces and air conditioning, and we have continued to adapt to all of the latest technologies in our many trades. In 2013, we acquired Apple Heating & Cooling, allowing us to expand our customer base. Because we are grateful for our success, we also believe in staying involved in our local communities and supporting those who have supported our company; we would not be where we are today without our amazing customers!
We are proud to employ only the most skilled, trained professionals in the industry. Our specialists have not only been formally educated to repair and maintain home heating and air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical systems, but they also stay updated on the latest trade technologies in order to provide our customers with the best, quality service and equipment!
We hope that you will join us and see what makes Blind & Sons a leader in home comfort!
Education requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
License Requirements: CDL B with Tanker Endorsement